- Fill out the Application form
- Interview & be approved to join as a ‘candidate’
- Get a Professional CPR class. This has to be either American Red Cross, ASHI, ECSI, or the American Heart Association’s “BLS for the Healthcare Provider”
- Once approved we will send you directions to create an online account with the National Ski Patrol. After you complete this task we will officially add you to the patrol as a candidate.
- $77, This covers membership in the National Ski Patrol and NSP Southern Division dues – this will be paid online.
- $15 Local dues. This pays for our functions each year and helps us buy training equipment. – this will be paid by cash or check to Ober Gatlinburg Ski Patrol.
- Join one of our three teams A, B, or C (see the calendar for the schedule)
Saturday:work one of two shifts, either 7:30am-4pm or 2pm-10pm
Sunday: work 7:30am -4pm
- Be willing to train and learn with your team.
- After your candidate season you will start the medical training: Outdoor Emergency Care.